Wednesday 3 August 2016

Poetry Togetherness


Togetherness


My feelings for you,

          were all tattered and torn.

The lost love in my heart,

          I just had to mourn.

Along came a card,

         all covered in verse.

So I picked up my eyes,

         and shooed off the hearse.

 I picked up the phone,

          and chatted a bit.

She invited me up,

          and I felt a right twit.

But when I opened the door,

         and saw her radiant face.

There were no second thoughts,
         I was there in the right place.

We kissed and touched,

          as if we’d never been split.

If we’d been a chart single,

         we’d have been a number 1 hit.

When thrust came to cut,

          and both feelings were right.

The chance to stay over,

         For the lovers to unite.
Emotions and sensations,

          are things we have shared.

 I shall never give you up,

          as we are so well paired.

No comments:

Post a Comment